Friday, 9 November 2012

Week 2 results and thoughts


Results

Week 2

Original weight: 90.3kgs
New weight: 89.10kgs
Difference = -1.2kgs.

Body fat percentage…still pinchable

So, another week down and another kilogram and a bit that has vanished from my body by following the simple principles; eat well and work out. At this rate by the time March has come around and the New Year has started at University, I could be down 16kgs if the results are continuous. That would take me to 73 kilograms but personally I think that is too light for me; once you’re below 80 kilograms as a male, your cuddliness is severely reduced (and I pride myself on my cuddliness).  Before this experiment my left butt cheek weighed 73 kilograms.
 I’ve never been one of those guys who stresses the exact number on the scale as a means of justification of who I am nor should anyone be in that position. I need to stress to everyone reading the importance of personality.  Personality is important!  You can work out and have the physique of a fitness model but if your personality sucks, you’ll be amazed at how many people will want to avoid. And don’t confuse acceptance with tolerance; I will only tolerate something (or someone) for so long before I decide my time is better spent elsewhere. You will be astonished at how far personality can take you and also how attractive it is; nobody likes hanging around people with the personality of a lobotomized chimp (even if you are a gym addict and look like a world class athlete). So remember, you can change your appearance but changing your personality is a lot harder than a few gym sessions a week. Be positive and positive people will be drawn to you [For those who want their mind blown, look into Bruce Lipton and his thoughts on constructive interference], and when it comes down to this crazy existence on this organic spaceship, being positive makes the trip much more enjoyable.

There were no real changes to the diet this week, with the exception of switching sports drinks out. Normally after a really hard session at the gym or jitsu, I would reach for the Powerade and then a protein shake but now it’s a protein shake with bananas blended into it. The combination of the protein powder and milk covers the protein needs after working out, the banana gives you more than enough potassium to avoid cramping and feeling like balls and the milk also covers the carbohydrates as well. Even chocolate milk covers the post workout spectrum of nutrients needed after a good workout (I didn’t know this before starting this experiment).

I have also been testing something at the moment over the last 2 weeks and before I post it up, I just want to do some more research and make sure I have my facts right. If correct, this could be something rather interesting as it was just something I stumbled upon that could have some interesting corollaries (especially for the ladies). Guys, watch this space.

So, keep focused, work hard the changes will come. Changes are good things, embrace them.


Workouts:

Monday-Upper body training
5x 25 kettlebell swings.

Tuesday-Jitsu training.

Wednesday- Core training
Turkish Get Ups
10x 25 kettlebell swings.

Thursday-Jitsu training.

Saturday-Leg training
5x 25 kettlebell swings.

1 comment: